Been suffering with chest pain, dizziness, breathlessness, enlarged thymus gland, mass located near heart. What can be done?

I am 32 and have been suffering with chest pain , dizziness , shortness of breath and other symptoms for almost four years. I was finally given a ct scan in early december and was informed that I had an enlarged thymus gland . I was told I would need an MRI and upon receiving the results of the MRI I was informed there was a mass located near my heart and very close to a main artery. I was then sent to a cardiac surgeon in my area who obviously wants to operate and take the mass out and then biopsy. The complication here is that I have just found out I am pregnant. First there was discussion of waiting until I was out of my first trimester so as not to cause birth defects due to the anesthesia. Now doctor is unsure of what can be done to effectively manage my pain after operation while pregnant. Please tell me in your experience have you ever come across a case similar to my own and if so how did would you suggest my doctor proceed?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013