Been suffering from back pain, weakness. Blood traced in urine. Infection?

hi my name is emma i have been suffering from side back pain for 10 days, last week i was feeling sick tried shivery and i was feelin weak and couldnt stand for long i went to the docter where she did a urine test, she said it was high in protien and she asked if i was on my peroid so im guessing there was blood traced in the urine. in the end she told me it was back strain, the thing is i didnt do any thing to pull or strain my back i woke up in the night with this pain im just want to know if she was right or could it be an infection of some sort? thanks
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012