Been smoking, led to cough, slight phlegm, had mucus. Meaning?

Hi there, I have been a cigarette smoker since 2004. I would say 7 ciggies a day but the last 2 years I cut back to 3 a day and then 1. Now I can go a good few weeks not smoking and only will have a couple socially with drinks which is once every month. Since nye I have stopped have been coughing a lot at night time. At first it was a dry cough and now slightly phlemy. When I cough it is hard to breath. I d assume I m coughing due to not smoking. Last night though I had a fair few ciggarettes but also smoked ice. I recreationally smoke ice and when I do is when I get the craving for a ciggarette. Afterwards when I brushed my teeth I coughed up some phelgm with bits of blood in it. Is this dangerous? I have had a throat infection last winter which I was coughing up thick mucus with blood but got anti biotics for it. Any ideas.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013