Been on depo, periods regularised after a year, ligh periods. Can pregnancy occur?

I had been on he depot injection for 7 years before coming off it 2 years ago as me and my husband was trying for a baby. It took approx a year for my periods to regulate, but they did and were like clockwork. About 4 months ago, my periods became alot lighter than normal, lasting 2-3 days. They also started coming more frequently, for the last 2 months they have been every 2 weeks but extremely light and also a brownish colour. Please help as we are still trying for a baby and i am extremely worried
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
You need to have an examination to figure out what is causing these problems. This would include blood tests and a physical and pelvic exam. Your hormones may be out of balance. You could have some infection or blockage in the uterus, cervix or vagina. Any of these might keep you from getting pregnant. In my opinion, you should see a specialist in obstetrics and gynecology. The specialist would know the correct tests to do and how to fix the hormones if they are out of balance. And he or she can also advise you on what you can do (for instance, taking vitamins with folate) to have a healthy baby once you do become pregnant.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help