Been having sudden adrenalin rushes, heart races. Why does it happen? Why do I shake?

Hi there. I ve been having sudden adrenalin rushes, whereby my heart races, i feel sick and very light headed with the shakes. I ve been to see my gp but he wasn t very helpful. I m starting to get worried now as they re happening more often and for no reason. The other day i was out shopping, chatting to a friend when these symptoms came on suddenly, she took me to a cafe for something to eat and a sweet drink, within half an hour it began to subside. I am at the moment in another attack, again i was busy cleaning when it started. What do you think could be the cause? Thanks in advance
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012