Been having heart palpitations, stressed, tingling down the arms, shortness of breath. Will it leave?

I ve been having heart palpitations for about 3 weeks. I have had them before but just for a day or so and it goes away. I thought it was just due to the stress of the holidays but this last week it s gotten worse. Every single day and all day long intermitantly. I had a really bad day a couple nights ago where it did really big flips like my heart was going to jump right out of my chest , I had tingling sensations down my arms. It seems to have improved now but still going on. And I m having shortness of breath also. I ve made a doctors appt, but it s not for 4 more days. What is going on? Will this go away?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013