Been fighting cold. Irritation in nose, painful. Taking Naquil. Help?

Hi, i have been fighting this cold for over a week and a half now, i thought it was due to the extreme weather change, i sleep in a pool house which is not insulated very well so it gets real cold at night so i thought my nasal irritation was due to that. I have done what we call a nasal douche with warm water & some salt and breathe it through my nose and it comes out my mouth a couple of times, sounds gross but it actually cleanses the nasal passages but has not been helpful in this case. My nose has only gotten so raw inside that i now have blisters around my nose & inside my nose from the irritation & it hurts so bad to blow my nose which is a constant necessity. I use vicks/vaseline i switch the 2 to help the dryness inside my nose & help aid in the discomfort. My insurance doesn t kick in until monday & i am miserable, do you have any advice please. Also i have been taking nyquil capsules which have helped in my sleeping through this discomfort. Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013