Been experiencing post-urination or ejaculation urethritis, have herpes. What to do now?

Hi, I ve been experiencing post-urination/ ejaculation urethritis for about 7-8 months now. It feels like there is a piece of sand, or something lodged about an inch inside my urethra . Somedays are worse than others, but I can t remember one day in the past 7-8 months that I haven t experienced it. I ve tested negative for every STD and I m not a very promiscuous individual. The initial screening showed a herpes infection (1.57 I believe). However, the more specific HSV-1 and HSV-2 IGG tests, which I took 2 weeks later (around the 7 month point) were both negative. At the same time the doc ran HSV-1 and HSV-2 IGM tests (both negative), but I ve heard those tests aren t very reliable. I ve taken a month long round of Cipro and a round of Flagyl-neither made a difference. I also had a cystoscopy after 3 months that didn t reveal anything abnormal. Recently, my doc put me on Valtrex for a month just in case it was herpes. It seems to have a slight positive effect, but I still notice it daily. Can you point me in the right direction? Two different urologists seemed clueless and the only thing my general practitioner can think of is herpes. I m going to get another HSV-1 and HSV-2 Igg test tomorrow (it s been one month since the last one), so I ll know for sure if that s the cause, but I still don t think it is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013