Been diagnosed with breast cancer, had tumor taken out, need to remove a node. What now?

Thank you. I have been diagnosed with breast cancer . Small, the tumor was taken out, was oridinally DCSI, with a small invasion about the size of a period at the end of a sentence. My surgeon wants to get a node under the arm . I say no because I ve seen far too many problems it presents with removing a node thru surgery. Other than a needle biopsy , or the type of seeing if there is any more cancer, is to do die in the veins and so on? Is there any other way besides these ways to get a node? I DO NOT want a surgery proceedure to remove a node.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013