Been diagnosed with autoimmune hep. Developed scarring in liver. Taking steriod. Further?

i have been diagnosed with autoimmune hep and have developed some scaring on the liver . I have been taking steriods for the last 3months and my alt / bilirubin levels are normal. now doc wants me to take aziathropine. I am reluctant to start has the seteriods have triggered diabetes and i was cautioned about me developing more liver dsease from taking the the drug. Can the autoimmune desease worsened without taking aziathropine, or an I continue taking the steroids without taking aziathropine
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012