Been diagnosed with CIDP and fibromyalgia. Had a total throyidectomy due to cancer. Why swelling?

I have been diagnosed with CIDP and Fibromyalgia . A yr and a half ago I had a total throyidectomy due to cancer. I have been having numerous problems with swelling (like at least 4-5 greater around) and then my legs swell along with my ankles and feet. I can barely walk up and down stairs, and it continues to worsen. I cant stand, walk or sit for hardly any amount of time...my neurologist said the IVg treatments for CIPD are very expensive so he does not want to do them! All he has done is put me on steroids ( prednisone , only result is weight gain ) so now, and in extreme depression over being in pain 24/7 but the weight gain, I cant stand..I am very insecure of my weight, so the depression continues to get worse, even on an anti depressant . So, my doctor finally at least did xrays of my knees..when they were 19 1/2 around!!! thats how swollen they are..so the xray tec was sweet and let me look at the xrays. Both knees, showed a white spot directly behind the knee cap. I asked what it was and he said just bone, it happend all the time..I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM, and I have worked in the medical field for over 20 yrs. SO I just seem to have one thing after another...the firbromyalgia, has me in constant pain throughtout my body along with all they other wonderful symptoms of it, and the horrible knee pain from the CIDP, I cant even b I have been diagnosed with CIDP and Fibromyalgia. A yr and a half ago I had a total throyidectomy due to cancer. I have been having numerous problems with swelling (like at least 4-5 greater around) and then my legs swell along with my ankles and feet. I can barely walk up and down stairs, and it continues to worsen. I cant stand, walk or sit for hardly any amount of time...my neurologist said the IVg treatments for CIPD are very expensive so he does not want to do them! All he has done is put me on steroids (prednisone, only result is weight gain) so now, and in extreme depression over being in pain 24/7 but the weight gain, I cant stand..I am very insecure of my weight, so the depression continues to get worse, even on an anti depressant. So, my doctor finally at least did xrays of my knees..when they were 19 1/2 around!!! thats how swollen they are..so the xray tec was sweet and let me look at the xrays. Both knees, showed a white spot directly behind the knee cap. I asked what it was and he said just bone, it happend all the time..I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM, and I have worked in the medical field for over 20 yrs. SO I just seem to have one thing after another...the firbromyalgia, has me in constant pain throughtout my body along with all they other wonderful symptoms of it, and the horrible knee pain from the CIDP, I cant even b I have been diagnosed with CIDP and Fibromyalgia. A yr and a half ago I had a total throyidectomy due to cancer. I have been having numerous problems with swelling (like at least 4-5 greater around) and then my legs swell along with my ankles and feet. I can barely walk up and down stairs, and it continues to worsen. I cant stand, walk or sit for hardly any amount of time...my neurologist said the IVg treatments for CIPD are very expensive so he does not want to do them! All he has done is put me on steroids (prednisone, only result is weight gain) so now, and in extreme depression over being in pain 24/7 but the weight gain, I cant stand..I am very insecure of my weight, so the depression continues to get worse, even on an anti depressant. So, my doctor finally at least did xrays of my knees..when they were 19 1/2 around!!! thats how swollen they are..so the xray tec was sweet and let me look at the xrays. Both knees, showed a white spot directly behind the knee cap. I asked what it was and he said just bone, it happend all the time..I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM, and I have worked in the medical field for over 20 yrs. SO I just seem to have one thing after another...the firbromyalgia, has me in constant pain throughtout my body along with all they other wonderful symptoms of it, and the horrible knee pain from the CIDP, I cant even b
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012