Been complaining of tummy hurting, low grade fever, been irritable, limbs cramps. Serious?

My 4yr old has been complaining of his tummy hurting off and on for four days. No vomitting, but has had a low grade fever 99-101 off and on during this time. H eis extremely irritable and eats off and on. Not nearly how he normally eats, which is typically pretty well. Not as energetic and last night complaining of his arms and legs hurting. We are going to the doctor today but am I wrong to request a blood test to make sure there isn t anythign serious going on?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013