Been anemic. Eye check up revealed an anuerism main optic nerve. Iron infusion?

I have likely been somewhat anemic all my life, but within the past 4 years drs have identified it annually and only slight improvement results. April 14 my hgb 9.6 june 13 it was 9.0, hcrit was 33.9 now 29.9, mcv 68 now 62, mch 19.2 now 18.7, mchc 28.3 now 30.1, rdw 17.7 now 23, vit b and folic acid were fine according to gp. 5 years ago, an eye check up revealed an anuerism main optic nerve , without symptoms. I have had many physical symptoms such as erratic bp...norm 112/74 to 134/94, fainting , headaches, joint pains, extreme changes in elimination, crave black licorice, ice chewing, fatigue, weakness of strength...finally found a hematologist who wants me to have an iron infusion...he promises extreme improvement. I do not understand why. I cook in iron skillet, love spinach, broccoli, red meats...i have been under consistent extreme stress for 5 years and struggle with depression due to traumatic sequence of events...and ongoing lack of resolution.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012