Bee stung on finger. Pain gone in an hour. Finger stiff, swollen and purple

yesterday I was stung on finger by a bee. Pain gone in hour. Today finger is stiff from swelling . After my morning walk of about four miles and as usual got my blood pumping. At start finger was normal color and a bit stiff, no pain or real discomfort. Upon return from walk there is now mild pain associated with swelling and the site has tuned from normal and unnoticeable to a dark purple, about the size of a pea. Took an hour to go from normal appearance to purple. The size of the spot is now stabl, but still stiff , swollen and purple for last hour...
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
As only some stiffness remains now ,you may do some icing over the sting area.
It should be alright in next couple of days.
Nothing else is to be done.