Bed wetting episode. No history of bladder problems. Causes and treatment?

Late this afternoon my wife sat down on our bed (on my side) and noticed that the comforter was damp. She pulled it back and discovered that the sheets were wet through to the mattress and there was a blue spot in the middle of the dampness. I have no recollection of a wet bed when I got up in the morning. In fact, I clearly remember not wanting to get up because the bed felt so cozy but there is no way I could have missed that wetness. At first, we blamed a visiting dog but the bed was still made and I do not think the dog would have bothered to make the bed. For the record, I feel great and do not (as far as I know) have any problem with my bladder . I am baffled. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

First you should identify where from that liquid appeared. Did it smell of urine or not? Were your clothes wet or not? Please monitor for any such recurrence and see if it is urine or not. If bed wetting is confirmed you should be further investigated for the cause of the same.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty,
Associate Professor,