Bed bugs in my sons crib

i just discovered bed bugs in my sons crib he is only one and they have bitten him up badly around his neck legs face and thigh area he has been having a runny nose for almost 2 weeks now i dont know if it is at all related to the bed bugs but i just really wanted to know what harms can excesive bites have on my one year old son?? can he contract aany sickness or diseases or anything in that nature? what is it that bedbug bites cause besides itching and can the bites or saliva from theses bedbugs harm or cause anything to happen to my son??? im sorry for the way i am writing but im very worried.
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Diabetologist 's  Response
Hi Elsie,

Welcome to Healthcare magic forum,

Bed bugs will cause only urticaria means allergic reaction in the skin, it wont cause any disease, running nose is not the effect of bedbugs, it may be common cold, better to clear the bed bugs from ur sons crib so that it may not cause him irritation.

Hope I have answered ur question.