Become so exhausted after eating, diabetic, fluctuating pulse rate, varying cholesterol levels. Any relation ?

52 Year Old Female. I become so exhausted after eating that I literally have trouble functioning at all. I think that I actually doze while sitting at my desk. It doesn t seem to matter what I eat. As such, I am avoiding food until I am able to lay down afterwards. Because I am diabetic, I check my sugar level to see if this is the problem - sugar levels have been pretty good 5.2 to 6.3 - considering. However, my blood pressure seems a bit low for someone who does very little exercise (95/54) and lately, my pulse rate (normally 60 - 65) has had incidences of going down in the low 50s and high 40s. If I don t eat, until I am able to sleep, I can go all day feeling fine, have lots of energy and can get done what I need to do - like work for a living:). This is not a good practice, I know, but for now it is what I have to do. I have had all kinds of blood and urine tests done, scan of my brain, EKG , and xrays. Everything is showing up normal with the exception that my bad cholesterol and good cholesterol are on the wrong ends of the spectrum. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Diabetologist 's  Response
DEAR SIR/MADAM

ACCORDING TO THE ALL YOUR SYMPTOMS. THE CAUSES MIGHT BE.

1.CELIAC DISEASE - IT IS CAUSED BY HAVING FOOD WHICH CONTAINS GLUTEN. WHICH IS FOUND IN WHEAT IN TURN IT CAUSES DAMAGE TO THE SMALL INTESTINE
2. REACTIVE HYPOGLYCEMIA WHICH MEANS POSTPRANIDIAL HYPOGLYCEMIA, WHICH OCCURS FOR ONE TO THREE HOURS AFTER HAVING FOOD.
therE symptoms of reactive hypoglycemia include anxiety, trembling, weakness, sweating, mood changes and light-headedness.
3. AUTONOMIC NEUROPATHY
4. GASTRIC DUMPING SYNDROME WHICH MEANS ingested foods bypass the stomach too rapidly and enter the small intestine largely undigested