Basketball hit on the eyes when am playing ?

i was hit on the eye during a basketball game, then its starts to watery my eyes within 30mins, then i put iced on it, the vision is back to normal after 1 hour, the redness was also gone after 30mins. is it ok? thanks....
Asked On : Sun, 19 Jun 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
It must have been mild conjunctivitis due to the trauma. You need to watch for any changes in vision, headaches, appearance of blackish discolouration of the skin and swelling around the eyes. If this happens, visit the ER immediately. You are fine for now. Drink plenty of water and eat healthy.Don't put ice directly to the eye as that can lead to infection. Use a bag of frozen peas wrapped in 1-2 layers of cloth applied for 10 seconds at a time for 5-6 times a day.
i use handkerchief to seal the ice then put on my eye hehe