Baseball player, pain and sting in the shoulder on throwing the ball followed by difficulty in lifting the arm. Solution?

I play baseball and I bowl a lot, and the past month or so, everytime I throw a baseball warming up, my shoulder hurts a whole lot... and when im playing and throw the ball in from the outfield, I get a sting in my shoulder that lasts for a long time, and during that time, i cant lift my arm because it hurts so much... any help?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012
It sounds although you may have a tendonitis. This is inflammation in the tendons around the shoulder. It is very common as the shoulder joint is like a ball on a saucer and all of its stability is offered only by the muscles and tendons around it. This may improve spontaneously with rest and anti-inflammatory medication but if it does not then an Xray and possibly an injection may be of benefit to you. If this does not help then further investigation with an ultrasound or an MRI scan may help make a diagnosis and lead to recommendations regarding further treatment.