Bartholin's cyst, swollen, pain, fever

I have a recurring bartholin s cyst . Yesterday it came back, swelled quickly and became very painful. I have an appointment to have it lanced, but can t get in for several more days. This morning I noticed that the cyst is smaller and feels a little better, but the front of my pelvis feels bruised and is swollen. I have a fever and was wondering if the cyst had burst inside my body and whether I should be concerned about sepsis?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic,

If there is cyst formation and there is infection you can get fever, you can take simple paracetamol to get relief from pan and fever.

A Bartholin's cyst is due to blocked duct, causing a fluid-filled cyst to develop.

Your doctor will give antibiotics and after surgical drainage it will heal in few days do not worry.

If the infection is severe or repeated, a surgical procedure known as marsupialization may be required to stop further recurrences.

Sometime a catheter is placed inside.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D