Bang on the head, have a dent in the head on the site of bang. Is it serious?

Hi my names Karlie I am a female and I am 20 years of age. I just bumped my head very hard on a low hanging metal air duct in my basement. I would never usually make this a big deal, but there is an actual dent in my head where I bumped it. I know it s best if a bump does form, I have heard if no bump forms that it is a bad sign. Please help? Should I get to a doctor?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012
Hello brumbaugh.12,

Here is the time in which I would highly recommend visiting a local doctor to have it damage assessed. It is very hard to give accurate advise when one can't even see the bump.

Although I can't see the bump, you did mention that you bumped your head very hard. There is the high possibility that you've just damaged the skin layer, however just to be sure, I would against highly advise on this occasion to visit a doctor, and have it assessed face-to-face.

Kind Regards,