Bang below the knee, bruising and difficulty in walking followed by entire leg bruising, leg pain. Cause and remedy?

Hi, Whilst playing soccer a week ago I collided with another player, banging just below my knee , on the inside of my right leg. In the immediate aftermath it was painful and started to bruise straight away making it difficult to walk. In the week proceeding, the whole of the inside of my leg has become bruised and is sore to touch. This including severe bruising on my foot below my ankle all the way upto the point of contact just below my knee. The leg constantly aches and the bruising shows minimal sign of improving. Would you be able to suggest a likely cause and potentially what should be done to resolve this? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012