Bald spots at the back of the head near the ear that cause sores with severe itchiness, discomfort. Cause?

HI, I have two bald spots at the back of my head near the ear on each side of my head. Three years ago I had one but it grew back with regular hair oil and messaging. Since the past year and a half it never grew back to its full length, it rough, it sometimes gets sore on them that are very uncomfortable. I went to a dermatologist and he said nothing, it still hasnt grown back. when the hair does slightly grow back its very rough and falls out very easily. The patches cause the hair right around it to be shorter as well. What could this be. Oh and it does get itchy when the sores appear.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012