Bald spot on beard. Smoker and heavy drinker. Diagnosed with Epstein Barr virus?

Hi. I m a 33 year old male. A year ago I noticed a dime size bald spot in my beard. It s not completely bald, but very thin in comparison to the rest of my beard and the hair that does grow there is pure white. I have no other white or gray here anywhere on my body and since first noticing it, it has grown to the size of about a half dollar, though it s not perfectly circular. In case it s relevant, I have HCM and take 100-150 mg of Atenelol daily as directed by my cardiologist . I m also a smoker and a fairly heavy drinker. I was also diagnosed with Epstein Barr virus at 14. Any idea what this is and what s causing it? Oh, and I m also pretty much horseshoe bald on my head. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012