Bad sore throat, exhausted, body pain with fever. Is this strep ?

I went to my doctor yesterday and he thought i may have strep , just early because the test was negative, i had a bad sore throat and was exhausted and achy. I started amoxiillin last night and have taken two doses so far. He also said i had bad sinus pressure so perscribed pseudaphed (spelling?) today i feel worse. Am more achy, fever of 100, and am so exhausted that just a shower left me wanting to pass out. I also have a dry cough . No runny nose . Is strep still a good diagnosis? Should i stay on the amoxicillin?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012