Bad respiratory infection with sore throat, swollen glands, brown phlegm with muffled ears. Help?

I recently got what seemed to be a bad respiratory infection with a horribly painful sore throat, swollen glands, brown phelgm, etc. At the peak of the illness I flew home from Europe and experienced horrible ear pain upon landing and two days later still have muffled ears. I managed to finally clear one by pinching my nose and blowing, but the other is still horribly muffled and when I try to clear it using the same technique I get a small nose bleed. Any advice?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013