Bad rashes due to bad diapers, red and painful, tried powder, no help. What to do ?

hi my son who is 18mo old has always seemed to have some issues with digestion and bowels but I got back from weekend visit with his other parent and he has had real runnin diapers I just got him yesterday he has only had four bad diapers one in middle of nite and when we got I foud it and I feel terrible but I dint know he didn t wake me up I guess he slept threw the whole thing but anyways he is now red and almost acts like he is bad sunburnt maybe on his lil peepee and testicles and it is really hurtin him cries if I clean his for diaper and wont even put his legs around my waist to carry him and isn t wanting to walk and disturb that area what can I do for him I tried some liqid powder that just made it worse I am scared to apply anything else till I knoe for sure
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013