Bad habits of chewing nails, eating thick hair on scalp due to stress. Cure?

hiii sir i m 23yr old and i started the habit of eating nails from the age of 12 but when all started to scold me by seeing my nails i practiced to eat my thick hairs from head in age of 17 when i get tension or sad i will eat more.......... please give me a solution why me habit like this is their any problem........ plzzzzzz answer me....
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Hi there, pulling hair and nail biting are issues related to anxiety level. They are also sometimes seen with obsessive compulsive behaviours. Fortunately there are good medications for these conditions. You can ask a doctor to evaluate your situation to see what medication could be the best for you. There is no need to take the medication life long, but it is necessary to take it for a period of time. Some cognitive and behavioral technics like impulse control are also useful and you ask you doctor about. I wish you a good health.