Bad cough, difficulty breathing and pain. Swimmer. What can be the reason?

My 15 year old has always been more than healthy,never misses school till now. She has had a bad cough sides hurt with a really hard time breathing . This has been on going since October. She seems drained all the time. I had to pick her up from school today for almost passing out after running in pe. My daughter is a swimmer she is the only 9th grader that made the varsity swim team. The doctor has given her meds for bronchitis but this is just not going away. What would you suggest ?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013