Bad cold, sore throat. Had heart burn before. Prescribed Carafate. Reason for burning in throat?

A few months back I was stopped in my tracks by a horrible feeling in my chest. It radiated into my left arm, shoulder and throat. I immediately went to the ER. They did all kinds of heart tests, kept me for 2 nights to monitor me and then released me. They found no evidence of a heart problem. I followed up with a nuclear stress test which was normal. Now a few months ago I get this terrible burning in my throat, almost like heartburn . I have been on protonix for years but this type of burning is not being helped by protonix. I went to the GI dr and he put me on carafate thinking it may be bile reflux . Today I woke up sick with a bad cold and bad sore throat. This must have aggrivated whatever the other problem is because I have that awful feeling in my chest with the burning. I am really scared.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013