Backpain. MRI shows disc protrusion compressing anterior thecal sac. Prescribed medicines. Body swelling. Side effects?

Hi Doctor, My mother who is 63 years old, Recentlt she is having lower back pain , as per MRI report it says Its grade 1 lysthesis seen at L5-s1 and also disk protrusin seen at L5-s1 compressing anterior thecal sse, bilateral traversing nerve roots and encroching into bilatteral nueral recess . And she was given epidural steriod given along with some medications which didn t help. Later on we have seen some other physician and the medication prescribed by this phycisian also of not help. And the side effects of these medicines are swelling on the body , I wanted to know the reasons if it might be because of the medications or because of the dick pprolapse or it might be becaiuse of vitamin deficiency?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013