Back pain, sensitive to touch. Bruised and purple skin. What could it be?

my back has been really hurting like center to down past my kidney area. Painful from the inside out really sensitve to touch. Almost feels like a sun burn but without the red skin.. but than last last i looked in the mirrow and from right above my kidney area to down to my buttocks was briused and purple. I was hopefully i could get alittle insight on what it could roughy be? it has lighten up as of this morning but the pain is still there and still painful to touch. thank you for any info
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013