Back pain, pain on standing up, do gardening for a living. Treatment?

I have lower back pain following quite a lot of heavy lifting today. I find it difficult to move around, and particularly difficult to get up after sitting down. I am wearing my wife s support belt which helps a lot with movement once I am up. I want to know how to manage this problem, the do s and don ts, and because I have so many things that need to be done in the coming weeks, I need to plan ahead. I do gardening for a living, and also am about to begin decorating a house for re-letting. Thank you for any help and advice you can give.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012