Back pain, pain at night in hip, herniation, chondromalacia with labral tear, hip replacement

I started with back pain on lower left of back. had MRI which showed herniations and had many epidurals/medications/microdysectomy /physical therapys with no relief. now in addition to the back pain I have groin and hip pain with weight bearing of my leg and pain at night in hip groin and back. Finally they ordered MRI of hip which showed severe chondromalacia of weight bearing portion with a labrel tear. now they want to do a hip replacement . Can the hip chondromalacia be the cause of the back pain also ? I also had a repeat MRI of back which shows improvement of that area.
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012