Back pain, neuropathy in feet and legs. Why breathlessness, lightheadedness and fatigue?

I am a 73 yr female having endured progressive polyneuropathy for twenty years. I am tall and normal weight, nondiebetic. Diagnosed and treated(w/all he could think of) by the same neurologist all these years. The pain is near to unbearable but I have kept going pretty strongly until approx. 11/11. My back pain(two surgeries) and neuropathy in feet & Legs worsened and I now must walk w/a cane all the time. Also in 11/11 began having a very rapid hearbeat and overwhelming breathlessnesss, some lightheadedness and complete fatigue . A cardiologist working w/my pcp has done a myraid of tests w/the last being a heart cath. All have test have shown negative. I go back to the heart dr this week.......... Perhaps, I should mention my meds. After 19 years of 50 mg. tenormin was changed to 120mg. verapamil in Dec. Also taking Maxide, Cymbalta (just beginning) Singulair, Protonex, 5mg.Ambiem and 2000 Celebrex. Besides Lidocaine patches for my pain I ve used many alternative creams, years of anodyne treamen accupuncture treatments. I was for the time sent to pain clinic two weeks ago. I have started slowly w/1/2 tabs of Lortab500 and Robaxin. I feel I have excellent doctors for being in Wichita, Ks. Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. margy
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012