Back pain near spine, radiating to base of skull, pulsing sensation. Taking lantis for diabetes. Cure?

Starting yesterday I ve had back pain in the mid section of my back close to spine . I haven t done anything to cause this pain. This morning that pain isn t as sharp, but it s now radiating to the base of my skull . The sharp pain I had yesterday throbbed with heart beat. Today when it come on it all throbs with heart and a strange sensation in chest. Not a chest pain or pressure, just a strange feeling. BP is 155/93. I am diabetic, male 54yr old. I take Lantis 70u at night before bed.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013