Back pain, lump on back, tender to the touch. Previously done gymnastics. Worried about tumor or bone infection

My daughter is complaining that her back hurts badly. The pain is in the area of her right shoulder blade, and seems very tender to the touch. Slight touch to her skin and any amount of pressure is making her wince. It seems to be minorly swollen/lumpy but only on close inspection. It hurts her a little more when she hangs her arm straight down at her side. Nothing has reduced the pain - not ice, heat or advil . About 9 months ago, while doing gymnastics, was the first time she noticed any pain, but it quickly went away and I attributed it to gymnastics. She has since quit the sport but remains very active. She says that the pain has come back here and there, but the pain was only minor. The onset of this severe pain was 2 days ago - and while she is a very active child, I can t point to a specific reason that it would hurt. No fever, no loss of appetite , no bruising or bleeding. I am worried about a tumor or bone infection. Can you please offer advice?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012