Back pain, leg pain. Have annular bulges with posterior annular high signal. Meaning?

I have annular bulges L3-4, L4-5 with posterior annular high signal, and L5-S1 extending laterally. I have this information from a scan a year ago. My back is bad at the moment with pain down the front of my leg and just below spasm in my lower back. I am going ski touring in two weeks and want to know what would be the best short- term treatment, would an epidural be suitable or is it best not to go, or should I take a short course of anti-inflams, am doing lots of exercises.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013