Back pain, hip pain, difficulty in walking. MRI shows disc bulge. Taking light medication. Recommendations?

My name is Jelena. I have excruciating burning back pain in the lower back and significant glute and leg atrophy down the left leg to the calf and can barely walk. I'm on Aleve, Tramadol and Valium to barely function. I have a disc buldge at L4 with annular tears and an L5 small central herniation into the thecal sac. The MRI shows no nerve impingment, but is it possible that it doesn't show it because I take the MRI lying down, but there is actually impingment to cause these symptoms. I've been like this for 7 months and no doctor has been able to help me. They just throw meds at me. I also have extreme hip pain.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013