Back pain after colonoscopy. History of hernia surgery. Taking Flexoiril. What is going on?

My husband had a colonoscopy on Friday Mar. 29th. Beginnig the next morning he has experienced severe low back pain. He has pain where he had hernia surgery 3 years ago as well. He saw his PCP yesterday, who gave him some stronger muscle relaxer than the flexoiril he was taking and told him to ice and heat which he has been doing. But instead of making it better, he seems to be getting worse. He can barely get up and is using his cane again which he hasn't needed in years. He has had 4 back surgeries. The last two were 4 years ago within 5 months. The first was a 4 level lubar laminectomy due to congenital stenosis and the next was to repair a severely buldging L5-S1 disc. I'm really freightened for him and need to know what may be going on.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013