Back pain. Taken Tylenol and Robaxin. Difficulty sitting. What medicine can I try?

i have SEVER muscle pain in lower back the muscle spasms or freezes for a few seconds every step or to. I have had sciatica for the past 32 yrs I have been off work for 13 mths just went back wed 12hr nights in health care, very strenuous job and the pain is unexplainable. I took 2 Tylenol 3 just before going in then about 2 hrs later a robaxin 750mg and nothing. I held in there for 4 hrs I don't know how, got replaced and left. To sit down after the first 3 hrs was so hard to do, it made it easier to walk out to the car. I need something better than this, I have to be able to perform my duties pain free. I have taken medication my whole life due to migraines, have been on every medication, therefore most medications I take are not low dosages, then I become afraid to take them because I don't want to become addicted to anything. I only take pills when l am in severe pain, maybe that's the problem. I need to know what medication I can try what l can do before my next shift in a few days.
Thank you

Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013