Back pain, MRI shows diffuse bulge indenting on theca. What does this mean?

Hi doctor. My fiancee s mom has been having severe back ache for the last month or so and they visited a doctor. At the hospital they did an ultra sound scan and the results are as shown below: MRI of Lumbo-Sacral Spine Observation: The vertebral bodies show normal alignment and signal intensity . The pedicles and appendages are normal. No evidence of lysis/listhesis is seen Conusmedullaris is normal in position size and signal intensity No evidence ofintradural/extradural/intramedullary mass lesion is seen Dehydration of lower lumbar intervertebral discs noted. Diffuse bulge of L2/L3 disc noted, indenting on the theca . Diffuse bulge with posterior central protrusion L3/L4 disc noted, indenting on the theca and traversing nerves roots. Diffuse bulge of L4/L5 disc noted indenting on the theca The ligamentumflava and facet joints are normal The pre/para vertebral soft tissues are normal Impression: Diffuse Bulge of L2/L3 disc, indenting on the theca Diffuse bulge with posterior central protrusion L3/L4 disc indenting on the theca and traversing nerve roots Diffuse bulge of L4/L5 disc, indenting on the theca Would you please help me understand what this means? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012