Back pain, MRI showed damage to S1-L5. Might need surgery. Where do I go?

i have had back pain for 4 years now, mri said slight damage to s1 l5. 3 months ago i had 2 injection in the l4 l5 joint seem to work but not all pain went. They gave me a tens machine to use. that day i had a pain i have never had so bad from my spine to foot then calf . after 3 days sent to A E to be told that i have D V T after test negative. back to pain clinic, told to go and ask for M R I. well now that takes 2-3 weeks as it is urgent. Now i was told by pain clinic that i might need surgury now. I have been sent around so many corners where do i go? I also now have a dropped foot. i cannot pick my foot up as the hurts me calf too much.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012