Back pain. MRI said Spondylotic mild diffuse annular disc bulge with a nerve root. Explain

Good afternoon- I m a 35 year old male in relatively good shape. A month and a half ago I had continuous back pain which I d been experiencing for a month or so prior to this. A subsequent MRI report noted L5-S1 Spondylotic mild diffuse annular disc bulge with a superimposed mildly compressive broad-surfaced left paramedic disc protrusion effacing left S1 nerve root (and small Schmorl s nodes D12-L2). Dr prescribed Nervz/Celebrex/Gasec/Neurorubine for a month and brisk walking with swimming. After a month of this I still have some slight lower back pain- not a great load but enough to make me question whether it s too early to get back to playing golf. I d prefer not to take further medications but would physio or back exercises be feasible/aid in the recovery? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012