Back pain. MRI report showing degenerative arthritic changes. What does it mean?

i have a mri results that i dont understand i am listed as a chronic back patient but the doctoer just says its real bad results but didnt tell me what it means i know that i have old compression wedge fractuers of all 5 lumbars as well as degenerative arthric changes but thats just on the lumbar region there was also a mri done on the thoracic that he didnt explain he just said its real bad can you help me to understand what this last mri results are i need help please im in bad pain all the time .
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013