Back pain. Allergic to opiates, rashes, swelling, heart palpitation. Medication? Undergo the surgery?

Thank you for making yourselves available. I am in Australia and have back pain . I am allergic to opiates and their derivatives..badly.. rash , swelling , heart palpitations etc. I have tried a few non opiates eg baclofen 10mg, norgesic 35/50mg and these have had no affect at all. I am due to have major surgery on my back in 2013 but unless I can find a pain med that works, this will have to be delayed indefinitely and with pain now in my right leg and hip etc I really want this surgery. I am looking for sugestions on meds to try. My GP is not that much help really and neurosurgeons are a little expensive to keep going back to try new meds regulary. Appreciate your suggestions. Thank you. Helen
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012