Back of throat looks uneven, swollen lymph node, irritating to even swallow. What might it be ?

HI , the back of my throat looks uneven . it has felt for a year, that i have a swollen lymph node. i have irritated it to the point of it being hard to swallow but it doesnt get as bad as it did. it comes and goes and has even gone a month in between with no discomfort but nevertheless, the throat always seems uneven. the ppl who have checked me out , (some were Doctors, nurses, Theropysts etc havent noticed anything and said it was in my head. what might it be?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013