Back of knee hurted, swollen, feels pressure on leg

Hi - I was recently attending a race which included jogging, swimming and some other pretty rough obstacles....anyway, the back of my left knee (and the knee) have been hurting. I just now realized that my left ankle is a little swollen and I feel a bit of pressure in my leg.....feels better when I keep my leg elevated. Should I ice it? Thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012
This is a common scenario after an exercise session like you had. Your left leg are more exhausted then the right which is why the you are feeling it in left ones only.My suggestion would be to take rest with the left leg elevated above your heart level. Some over the counter analgesics and of course you can ice it. Better prevent ambulation as far as possible. If it doesn't subside or increase with that please visit your physician immediately. Hope you find my suggestions helpful.
Thanking you
Dr Samir