Back of head sore, feels like swollen gland, hurts to turn head. CAT scan done. What is the reason?

The back of my head on both sides is sore. It feels like swollen glands. It hurts when I turn my head from side to side. I ve had a CAT scan but they didn t find anything. Could it be my occipital glands and if so what could be the problem?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Hi there, yes it could be. Sometimes, glands become swollen following an ear infection or similar things. Ask your doctor to examine you and take a full history.