Back of hand puncture, have severe swelling, no pus, purple fingers. Treatment required?

The back of my hand was punctured by part of a broken light, it didn t go in 90 degrees more like at a slight angle like 15 into part of the back about an inch and a half and almost broke the skin for a through and through. It swelled up a ton and over the past two days has reduced some but my knuckles are barely distinguishable. I have iced it and kept it clean there is no pus but the back of my fingers are turning slightly purple and red and my hand does hurt slightly. I also keep it elevated. do I need to go to the hospital?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
If the swelling is not reducing in 2 days, there is a strong possibility of foreign body retained. It may also lead to later infection.
You need to see a surgeon to get it evaluated
Good luck